How To Install NiceHash on 64-bit Windows?
NiceHash is a mining platform for those whose hardware isn’t effective enough to make a profit. And many users ask whether the utility is available on Windows. The answer is yes! And today, we will tell you how to install this mining software on 64-bit Windows and how to use it. Without further ado, let’s get started!
Installing The Program On Windows
In the following step-by-step guide, we will start with the OS installation:
- Install the operating system (download it from the Microsoft Volume License Service website) on hardware (rigs on Windows 7 SP1 Pro amd64).
- Install all the drivers on the motherboard. They are a must-have!
- Run the bat file to configure the system for maximum performance.
- Disable user account control and configure “Mandatory” AutoLogon + install the TightVNC application for remote administration.
- Install all updates applicable to the current system through the “Windows Updates” services. This step is mandatory!
- Turn off the computer, insert the video card into the appropriate slot (PCI-X if Riser or PCI-E Express are used).
- Start the computer (you should make sure that AutoLogon worked for you, if not, figure out why and repeat Step 4).
After that, you can proceed to the mining utilities:
- Download the latest drivers from the video card manufacturer’s website.
- Install the drivers on your graphical card (the most relevant update is required, and you need to monitor the release of new ones).
- Download the MSI AfterBurner utility to overclock your video card (not necessary, but advisable). Other overclocking software is suitable. You may download anything to your liking.
- Save the settings so that MSI AfterBurner launches automatically along with the system. Also, set up the forced mode for the utility.
- Download NiceHash Miner (we recommend you the Legacy version).
- After downloading the NiceHash Legacy package and taking into account the forced mode, first, run the benchmark, and only then in the settings, specify the algorithm that gives the most BTC per day.
- Launch the NiceHash Legacy utility by double-clicking the .exe file and start mining digital money.
Any Specific Pieces of Advice?
There is one thing we would like to warn you about. For a rig with GTX 1080 8Gb cards, a utility (also called “Tablet”) OhGodAnETHlargementPill-r2 which additionally overclocks the graphical card is better to place in the following directory:
C:\ Users \% username% \ AppData\Roaming\Microsoft \Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup.exe
This may apply to all utilities for the graphic card overclocking in this particular case.