Everything About AMD/ATI Pixel Clock Patcher
Atikmdag utility (or AMD/ATI Pixel Clock Patcher) 1.4.7 is a rather necessary and practical program for those who were once predetermined to practice cryptocurrency mining on AMD-flashed devices.
Most likely, when the BIOS and driver software are substituted/renewed upon the firmware, the system may not see the video card. One can get rid of this problem by using this utility. Currently, the AMD/ATI Pixel Clock Patcher tool overrides BIOS verification of signature and remains a truly effective application.
The software is required when AMD devices are flashed to help cancel driver signature verification. Upon completion of the AMD driver installation, you have to download the program from the official site and then, double-click “atikmdag-patcher.exe “. This should be followed by a reboot.
Configuring Atikmdag Patcher (according to the discussed modification)
Atikmdag Patcher detects the required drivers starting with a consent search. The settings of the tool are not supposed to give errors. Yet, we have to warn you that the program can give errors due to non-licensed Windows, an outdated Atikmdag Patcher update, or the computer device itself.
The utility is configured almost automatically at startup. A reliable method would be to download the new version of Atikmdag Patcher, since with the old version 1.4.5, there may be a lot of difficulties in using the settings. Some more recent versions of the utility, which are offered for download on various sites, do not actually exist at the moment.
Troubleshooting atikmdag.sys Without Patchers
As a rule, a “blue screen of doom” with atikmdag.sys fail appears due to an incorrectly installed or damaged AMD/ATI Radeon graphics card actuators. The vast majority of the time, reinstalling or updating assists in tackling the problem, but everything is not so simple, there might be other problems.
The fact is that when installing fresh software for a video card, the out-of-date variant of the atikmdag.sys file is removed to the “System32Drivers” directory, as a result of which the OS utilizes previous system files, and the new ones remain unused. Because of this, an error appears.
So, let’s try to fix the .sys BSOD error by replacing the old file with a new one. To carry out this, stick to the following steps:
- Download the most relevant actuators (driver software) for your flashed graphic card from the manufacturer’s official page.
- Go to the WindowsOS folder (on the C-drive). And in the “WindowsSystem32Drivers” section, find the atikmdag.sys file.
- Give the file a new name (for instance, Atikmdag.sys.old).
- In the WindowsOS folder, find the Atikmdag.sy_ file (it should be among ATI files), and send it to your home screen.
- Open the setup string. Fill in the next: chdir Desktop and press “Enter”.
- Now, perform the replacement procedure by typing in the command EXPAND.EXE atikmdag.sy_ atikmdag.sys. Confirm your action.
- Make a copy of the new file version and redirect it from the home screen to the “Drivers” folder.
You may have to reboot your device after that. The blue screen is not supposed to appear again.