Ethminer for making money on crypto processes
Start to mine in the open-source program for earning crypto coins – Ethminer. This utility operates using the Ethash algorithm. Keep in mind, that the Ethminer tool does not provide the settings for managing video cards: overclocking, fans, low power consumption, etc. Working here, you can mine the coins that rely on the Ethash algorithm, including Ethereum, Ethereum Classic, Metaverse, Callisto Network, and some others.
Features of the Ethminer utility
This miner is a console program that goes with no graphic interface at all. But this fact does not cause any trouble for your mining process. Nowadays most miners operate in this mode.
Ethminer works on the card types: Kepler, Maxwell, Pascal, and Turing. Ethminer utility requires at least 4GB of video memory. And what about the drivers? Those requirements are as follows:
- NVIDIA driver 376.51 or the latest one for the version goes with Cuda 8.0.
- NVIDIA driver 398.26 or the latest for the version suited to CUDA 9.1.
- NVIDIA driver 411.31 or later for the version compiled with CUDA 10.0.
- AMD drivers – recommended “Adrenalin 18.6.1”.
How to start mining
There are no difficulties when running the miner since there are no fundamental differences in the process of mining cryptocurrencies on console programs. You don’t need to change the files you installed to get started. Just create a new document that will have the bat extension. This file will run the entire process according to the points specified there.
To run the Ethminer program on your device, follow the steps:
- Download the miner (install the utility and unzip it).
- Choose a pool (you can use the pool rating pages and pool capacity statistics to do this).
- Setup (before running the program, you need to increase the virtual memory in Windows to at least 4.5 GB, so a farm with 6 cards will need at least 27 GB for some algorithms).
- Setting up the bat file (Specify the type of protocol to connect to the pool, write down the address of the mined coin, specifying the ID. Next, put the “@” sign and specify the address of the pool and the farm ID, as well as enter the port of the pool).
Common errors throughout working on the Ethminer
There are quite a large number of messages on the network that an error appears when starting Ethminer msvcr120.dll, where you will be prompted to reinstall the program. Do not rush to demolish your software and install it in a new way – the problem is solved easier. To do this, download the latest version of Microsoft Visual C++.
Also, when working on the miner you can see the message on the screen: NVML, cannot get current temperature, error 999 (an internal driver error occurred). It usually appears after the farm freezes. Unfortunately, there is no software solution to this problem – you need to check the performance of the RAM and video cards installed on the farm. You also need to check the risers.