Atikmdag: All The Key Details
AMD/ATI Pixel Clock Patching utility (or simply Atikmdag) tunes/changes AMD graphic adapters to ensure higher picture definition and refresh rates, disabling 165-MHz pixel clock clipping for one-channel Digital Video Input and High Definition Multimedia Input, a 330-MHz abridgement for two-channel DVI, and a 400-MHz restriction for Video Graphics Adapter. This is a must-have program for all AMD device owners.
What’s the program meant for?
The utility is associated with errors that mainly occur after the firmware of your AMD graphical cards. It is linked with the eternal search for a video card, or simply the absence of them, or the drivers are not installed on your computer.
Configuring the patching software is not as difficult as you might have expected. Stick to the following steps:
- Run the Atikmdag Patcher program as administrator. Just right-click the .exe file and choose the needed action.
- A window with the utility version and the graphic card characteristics will pop up. Confirm the action by clicking on the “Yes” button.
- A pop-up box will appear signaling the success of the patch.
- Reboot the computer and check the graphic card properties. If everything is fine-tuned and operates without errors, it will be indicated in the Device State box.
Graphic Card Error 43
It often happens that when you open Atikmdag Patcher, it gives an error. As a rule, the issue lies in the selection of versions, or in the irrelevancy of your AMD drivers. This often happens due to non-licensed Windows and even an outdated computer. Useful tools for mining.
The new patch is set up so that there should be no errors. Still, if error 43 appears, we advise you to renew the driver or try the program versions, ranging from 1.4.7 to 1.4.10. If the problem still persists, we recommend updating the BIOS to the latest one. In BIOS, enable 4G and swap the riser on the motherboard, starting with video cards that were not detected. It is advisable to do this by connecting exactly one video card. If you have decoding, try to enable it the same way.
After selecting the desired version of Atikmdag, we advise you to restart the computer. There are moments of lowering the hash rate possible, they are solved by switching the calculation mode:
- Open AMD Radeon Settings.
- Go to the game tab (General settings – GPU workload).
- Select the “Calculate” mode. Be sure to turn on the mode for each card. It is better to do it all manually, do not be lazy, searching for software for automation will not solve the problem in case of an error.
After enabling the calculation mode, the farm should work fine, all the hash rates should be similar. If suddenly this option did not help, we also recommend updating the drivers with the adrenalin 19.8.1 program.