ATIfllash: AMD Graphics BIOS Firmware
A small note before we start: it is necessary to flash the BIOS of the video card in strict accordance with the instructions below. If something goes wrong, artifacts (distortions) may appear on the screen, and you will have to contact a service center. Do this procedure at your own peril and risk.
For flashing with ATIfllash, do the next:
- Find out the BIOS version and a couple of additional characteristics. This can be done by using the built-in utility or third-party programs.
- Open AMD settings to find the BIOS version of the video card. The parameters will be shown not only for the graphic card, but also for your device as a whole, including the amount of memory, processor version, and Windows OS. Also, look for the GPU model, its type, memory size and frequency (all this is there).
- Open ATIfllash to save the old firmware version so that you can roll back to it, you never know what can happen. Fill in the corresponding column, click on the button next to it, and the firmware will be saved.
- Next, look for the firmware of your video card. Compare whether the version you’ve found correlates with the one that is currently installed.
- Download the archive and unpack it to any convenient place.
- In ATIfllash, select “Load BIOS” and open the newly unpacked file. After that, make sure that the correct firmware was downloaded by looking at the information in the “Information” window in advance.
- Open the “Clock Settings” tab, check the frequency and voltage parameters in it.
- Create a bootable USB flash drive and move the ATIflah application and two files, the old and the new version, to its root folder. Please, note that both files must be in ROM format.
- Reboot the computer, go to the BIOS and set the boot mode so that reading from the USB connector is a priority. Turn off the device, insert the bootable USB flash drive into the connector, and start it.
If all preliminary operations have been completed successfully, a command line will appear on the screen. Enter the following command into it:
atiflash.exe -p 0 new.rom
Press Enter to start the flashing process. Wait for it to finish and restart the computer after removing the USB flash drive from the USB connector.
It is quite possible that after the firmware there will be problems or errors. If the card is not detected, but there is a backup BIOS, then, it will be enough just to switch to it, boot the computer from it, wait until the system is fully loaded, switch to the corrupted BIOS and roll back to the previous version. The latest news has already been published.
In the case when both files are damaged (or only one of them), but at the same time, there is another video card, you can boot through it into the operating system with the image output to another graphic card. For that, run the command line as administrator. Then, open the folder into which the ATIflash program is unpacked, and press the Enter button. Type in atiflash -i and press enter again. A table should appear with information about all AMD cards installed in the computer, even with a corrupted BIOS. There will be a graph test, which will display information about the initialization of video cards. If any of them failed the test, then, this line will contain information about the error. Remember the number of the adapter (first column) that failed initialization, and enter the following command:
atiflash -f -p 0 old.rom
0 is the number of the faulty video card, and old.rom is the file with the old firmware, which should be located in the same folder as the AtiFlash program. In the end, a success message will appear and a proposal to restart the computer.
That’s basically it!